Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
La Salle University, Associate Clinical Faculty
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Clinical Associate Professor
UMDNJ, Adjunct Professor of Medicine
- B.A. Psychology, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- M.A. Clinical-Counseling Psychology, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Psychology Internship, La Salle University Center for Psychological Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Child & Adolescent Psychology, Community Treatment Solutions, Moorestown, NJ
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Health Psychology, UMDNJ/Cooper University Hospital Department of Medicine, Camden, NJ
3 Cooper Plaza
Camden, NJ 08103
Cori E. McMahon, Psy.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in health psychology who has 20 years’ experience in direct clinical care, graduate psychology and medical instruction, clinical supervision, and program administration across behavioral health, academic, and medical settings. She has served as Director of Behavioral Medicine within Cooper University Healthcare system since 2009; focusing her clinical work in chronic disease management and overseeing a Behavioral Medicine training program that has served MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, EIP/Department of Infectious Disease, Ob-Gyn, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, and inpatient C&L service. She holds a faculty position with Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, instructing medical students who rotate with the Behavioral Medicine team and has taught psychology courses at La Salle University since 2002, including serving as visiting faculty for LaSalle’s graduate psychology programs in Athens, Greece and Prague, Czech Republic.
Dr. McMahon has a record of health psychology research, publication, and presentations, particularly in the area of psycho oncology, and remains engaged in projects focused on integrated behavioral healthcare in medical settings, and the use of digital tools to enhance patient engagement, health literacy, and improved doctor-patient communication. She is a member of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, is a National Certified Custody Evaluator, and also serves as VP of Clinical Services for Tridiuum, Inc., a health technology company based in Philadelphia.
Selected Presentations and Publications
- Markman E, Moore D, & McMahon C (2018). Integrated behavioral medicine in cancer care: Utilizing a training program model to provide psychological services in an urban cancer center. Current Oncology Reports. 20-31. (DOI: 10-1007/s11912-018-0677-y)
- Moore D, Markman E, McMahon C, & Markman M (2016). Utilization of behavioral medicine services to refine medical diagnostic formulation in the face of uncertain symptom presentation. Case Reports in Oncology. 2:493-498 (DOI: 10. 1159/000447553)/li>
- McMahon C, Harralson T, Scott K, Gilrain K, Fizur P, & Redlus M. Empowering breast cancer patients with wearable technology: Health literacy, communication, and connection: A pilot study. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 51, (s1), B033, p.S955.
- Gilrain K, Bullock A, Fizur P, McGroarty S, Alioto A, & McMahon C (2019). Development and expansion of behavioral medicine programs in medical settings. Annals of Behavioral Medicine/li>
- Hildreth P, Yucel E, Gilrain K, Gorman P, Mendoza R, & McMahon C (2019). Differences in mental health status in HIV-infected patients lost to mental health screening follow-up. Annals of Behavioral Medicine